- 2 (8 oz) cream cheeses, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (10 oz) bag of Butterfinger baking bits
(Publix was out of the Butterfinger bits so I used three large candy bars and crunched up w rolling pin)
- Beat cream cheese and brown sugar w mixer
- Fold in Cool Whip and Butterfinger bits (save a small amount for sprinkling on top)
- Cover and chill
- Serve with Nilla Wafers or vanilla wafers
HASH BROWN CROCKPOT CASSEROLE
I haven’t made this yet but my daughter-in-law wholly recommends it. She prepared it at my house to take to another Christmas event so I had to smell it all day, lol. Smelled and looked wonderful! I plan to make it soon!
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
I could kick myself for not taking the time to snap pics of this dish. I’ve made it twice and was in a rush both times. Does that ever happen to you? One was a holiday get-together with friends and the second time was my family Christmas. To add insult to injury, I don’t even know where I found the recipe. It wasn’t Pinterest so I can’t even link the photos. Oh well, the point is that it was gobbled up both times! Major success and super easy.
- 2 (16 oz) containers artichoke and spinach dip (I used Publix brand)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 round buttery type crackers
- Assorted crackers for dipping
- Place artichoke and spinach dip in ovenproof microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high 4 minutes.
- Stir dip; top with cheese. Crush crackers while sprinkling over top of dip. Microwave on high 4 more minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with assorted crackers for dipping.
Note: I didn’t heat for 8 minutes. I prob microwaved a total of 4-5 and stirred in between. It was hot and melted the cheese.
- 2 c graham crackers crumbs
- 1/2 c confectioners sugar
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t lemon juice
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 large Cool Whip
Mix first four ingredients and press into 9×13 pan. Mix softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs and lemon juice. Beat until smooth. Pour over graham cracker mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool completely and top with pie filling and Cool Whip. Refrigerate.
(This has been a family favorite for decades, it always comes out perfectly and I am no great cook. Not sure you could mess this one up if you tried!)
CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN CHILI
So there you have it. I have never claimed to be a great or even a good cook so when I find dishes my family love, I consider that a success. I hope you will try one or more and let me know what you think. Or, better yet…send me your favorites. I would love to add to my recipe collection 🙂